The RS800 is the ultimate high performance double trapeze skiff. Exhilarating and competitive with an awesome circuit. Exciting skiff sailing for both men and women.
“You see, the new RS800 is an absolute peach of a boat. Every single aspect of the boat is superb, from build quality (which is unbelievable), to the top notch sail, full Harken kit and the fully carbon mast from Selden which is a sight for sore eyes (compared to the alloy bottom section of the 49er).” Ryan Visser
- Long and narrow on the waterline, to reduce drag.
- Cockpit design was refined in 2007 and offers the helmsman a secure steering position from which to initiate manoeuvres - whilst allowing run-through tacks and gybes for experienced teams.
- Incredibly light 62kg hull weight. Ready to sail the whole outfit is a staggering 110kg light.
- High tech construction system uses the tried, tested and immensely strong RS epoxy foam sandwich system.
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency.
- Carbon composite mast - very light and the flexible top section delivers excellent gust response.
- Sealed mast to reduce the tendency for the boat to invert when capsized.
- Mainsail and jib are built from ultra light, strong and high visibility mylar / kevlar laminate.
- Asymmetric spinnaker design with relatively short foot to minimise sheet loads and a high clew to aid visibility.
Virtually maintenance free
- Can be stored outdoors
- No water absorption
- No gel coat