2019 STARBOARD RIO L - LONG TAIL ARMOURTECH
Starboard Rio– Easy Gliding, Easy Planing
The ideal board to get a newbie into windsurfing and start learning!
The combination of a long tail design with bat-wings, thick boxy rails, low nose rocker and a flat deck make it glide better than a conventional beginner board yet with more stability. The long tail design also makes the Rio the board that transitions the easiest into planing without having to overcome technical difficulties.
The Low Nose Profile with wide shoulders and parallel rails increases gliding speed and stability. With its contour deck and inboard footstraps, you can reach the footstraps easily and in total comfort.
- 2 sizes in stock M, L.
- Armourtech Construction for durability and performance.
- Unique longtail design on all sizes - aids gliding and planing performance.
- Cut outs in the tail – reduces wetted surface once on a plane.
- Integrated Batwing design – aids gliding, stability and planing performance.
- Contoured deck shapen.
- EVA covering 2/3 of deck of board (void in nose).
- 2 x's Carry handles (1 x's front, 1 x's rear).
- Multiple footstrap positions – for entry, intermediate and advanced placement.
- Clipperbox daggerboard system.
- Tuttle fin box (special 3 hole version).
- Daggerboard 57 cm
- Drake Shallow 41 cm TU fin.
- Multiple footstrap inserts to accommodate progression from entry to expert use.
- Drake Yulex footstraps x's 4 – 85% natural rubber – for comfort and sustainability.
M = 308 cm x 81.5cm, 219 liters of volume, 18.7 kg (41.1 lbs)
L = 333 cm x 86.5 cm, 259 liters of volume, 20.5 kg (45 lbs)
ArmourTech - This technology uses layers of three dimensional glass mat wetted out with an expanding epoxy resin system that creates volume within the skin as it cures under pressure and adds an ASA skin shell on top. SB's extremely tough and durable construction, for maximum durability and value. allows the rider to experience easing onto a plane and more rig steering sensitivities verses conventional longboard designs.